So this how I make a button cover.
1. Besides the usual material for sewing, you will need a pencil, buttons (the ones you want to cover) and a piece of fabric.
2. Check wich side is the right one, since you will work on the wrong side.
3. Draw the limits of the button on the fabric.
4. Put more 2/3 of fabric and cut arround.
5. With the machine zig zag, sew arroun.
6. Using a large stich, go arround, along with the border and leave two loose ends. Do this again so that you have four loose ends.
7. Put the fabric arround the button, and push the ends. Do three knots.
8. Final look ^^
On my case, I sewed the button on the skirt before coverig it up.